HPV Self-Sampling Symposium
Toronto – October 14, 2016
8:45-9:00 Registration, Breakfast
9:30-10:30 Opening plenary session
- VP Research & Innovation, Ryerson University - Dr. Usha George
- Director, Chair in Inter-sectoral Solutions to Urban Health Problems, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute - Dr. Patricia O'Campo (St. Michael's Hospital) - Research at St. Michael's
- Introduction and acknowledgement of sponsors, review of the project objectives and background information about HPV self-sampling: findings related to lit review, key informant interviews (Presentation by Drs. Mandana Vahabi & Aisha Lofters - HPV Self Sampling - Has The Time Come In Canada?
- Key note speaker: Dr. Kathleen Decker - Cervical cancer screening in Canada: Opportunities and Challenges
- Demonstration of HPV self-sampling by Eve medical
10:30-10:45 Coffee Break
10:45-12:15 Panel presentations (30 minutes each)
- Dr. Peter J.F. Snijders – Netherland (HPV self-sampling in Netherlands, Lesson learned)
- Dr. Ahti Anttila – Finland (Finnish cervical screening programme and guidelines)
- Ms. Sandy Anderson – Australia (Sisters doing it for themselves: developing a safe and acceptable self-collection model for cervical cancer screening)
13:30-15:00 Panel presentation
- Dr. Gina Ogilvie – BC (Acceptability and Feasibility of Self collection)
- Dr. Mariam El-Zein - Quebec (Effectiveness of HPV testing)
- Dr. Francesca Holme - USA (Women's Cancers Reproductive Health)
15:00: 15:15 Coffee break
15:15-16:15 Moderated Brainstorming session: Should primary HPV screening and HPV self-sampling be priorities in Canada? (see Appendix 1)
16:15-16:30 Concluding remarks and next step - Drs. Mandana Vahabi & Aisha Lofters
Appendix 1: HPV Self-Sampling Questions for Moderated Brainstorming Session
1) What are your opinions on the use of alternative cervical cancer screening formats in general and HPV self-sampling in particular?
2) What are the knowledge gaps in adopting HPV self-sampling into the cervical cancer screening program in your province or area?
3) What resources/changes are required for adopting HPV self- sampling as part of screening programs?